Samsung and Apple are the leading brands in the mobile market today. With their extremely popular and puffed up phones like Samsung S3 and iPhone 5, it is difficult to say which one is the best. Most buyers you will observe find it difficult to choose between these two. They both are exceptional devices and this makes the decision tough.
There are certain criterions that make a phone more appealing. We are now going to compare iPhone 5 and Samsung S3 on the basis of those criterions.
Why Apple over Samsung?
- Appearance – iPhone 5 is a handset that will definitely draw people’s attention. Though Samsung S3 also looks good, especially in white color, but iPhone 5 has exceptional aesthetics. No doubt it beats Samsung on this ground hands down. With its contoured edges, high precision angles, and new hardened aluminum back safe cover, it looks great.
- Operation system – though sometimes iPhone has some closed systems and annoying quirks, it still has a good operating system. It is easer and steadier and gives a better experience than android. In short, it is better than android operating system.
- Processor – The iPhone 5 utilizes the A6, which is in reality an ARM Cortex-A15 system-on-a-chip. It is put side by side to the ARM Cortex-A9 architecture, which almost every Smartphone uses. According to ARM, the A15 is unadventurously 25% faster than the A9, while all other things are similar. In a nutshell, we can say that there is very little chance that any chip is better than the one the new iPhone 5 has. When we talk about CPU, iPhone 5 has both efficient as well as faster one.
- Camera – there is an improvement in the camera section and the one that iPhone 5 has outweighs used in Samsungs S3. With great picture quality iPhone remains to be the camera king.
- Hardware - Apple’s fit and finish is still out of this world. The iPhone 5′s glass and aluminum monolith, from pattern to make, simply surpasses Samsung’s river stone plastic case.
- Content – Apple has many advantages when it comes to contents, as it has iTunes, Amazon, Sportify, and Netflix.
Why to choose Samsung S3 over iPhone 5?
- Display – Samsung’s display is bigger, higher resolution and offers better color contrast. It has proper HD display that can display video at its native size without downscaling. IPhone 5 has a smaller screen for viewing videos.
- Storage – iPhone 5 does not have expandable memory. Storage sizes are 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB. Samsung S3 has expandable memory.
- Wireless connectivity – Samsung S3 has NFC, FM radio, and is available on more carriers worldwide.
- Battery life – even with its massive display, Samsung S3’s battery can last for a long time. Comparatively, its battery life is better than iPhone 5.
- Carriers – Samsung S3 is available on all carriers including T-carrier, but iPhone is not available in it.
- Price – Samsung S3 is comparatively less expensive than iPhone 5.
There are certain features where there is a tie between Samsung S3 and iPhone 5.
- Hardware – Apple wins on design, manufacturing, and elegance, whereas Samsung specializes in size, power, and quantity of specs.
- Size – size of iPhone 5 and Samsung S3 is almost similar and both are very handy. Bigger screen becoming popular these days, and both these phones provide this privilege.
Both the phones have their pros and cons. If you want a user friendly, simple, and most rich content and sleek, less maintenance phone, then iPhone 5 is your thing. If you want NFC, widget, and other customizations like DLNA support, and others, then Samsung S3 is best for you. The choice is yours, as both the phones are unique on their own ways.