Apple announced iOS 6 several months ago and just recently, Apple released the new iphone 5 to the public. In addition to that, Apple has released a new version of iOS 6 which is now ready for download.
Of course, you are eager to get the new iOS 6 version to be able to enjoy its new and improved features like Maps, Facebook Integration and Passbook, to name a few. However, you must protect your data first so you can upgrade properly.
Undoubtedly, jailbreak method is fairly easy however it is still important to lay out the methods perfectly because you might fail. This means, you will have to wait before you can properly jailbreak your device again. To make matters worse, you will have to deal with several problems like you will not be able to download and jailbreak for a while. Since developers take time to learn the new Apple versions, it might take some time to get a new jailbreak method.
Hence, we came up with an easy, worry-free tutorial that will help you upgrade to iOS 6:
Remember, you should not update to iOS 6 yet if you prefer to unlock. Furthermore, you should know that there are no untethered jailbreaks for iOS 6 yet. Tethered jailbreak is the only one available to date and it is applicable only to iPhone 3Gs, iPod Touch as well as iPhone 4.
Follow the instructions carefully:
- Back up your device. You can choose iTunes or iCloud to make back up.
- Suppose you are jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1, you can save your SHSH through Redsnow by clicking “extras” option or with TinyUmbrella.
- Then, download iTunes 10.7 since this new version of iOS 6 requires one.
- If you have never jailbreak your device yet you can install through OTA. Click Settings > General > Software Update. If jailbroken before, simply install iTunes.
- If you are jailbreaking your device for the first time, simply download iOS 6. Choose iTunes and hold SHIFT key down on pc or click “option” on Mac. Then, browse the file.
Voila! You have properly installed your new iOS 6. Now you can finally enjoy its latest features.