Jailbreakers are anxiously waiting the news when they can update iOS 6 safely. Despite Apple Company’s efforts to make functional designs from Cydia, expert jailbreakers were able to get into their desired hardware.
Now you can jailbreak iOS 6 with the help of Redsnow. Simply follow the instructions to be able to jailbreak the new version of iPhone Redsnow Tool.
Firstly, you must make a full backup for your device contents before running jailbreak. It is best to make a backup protection in case anything goes wrong.
Points to review:
-This is compatible to iphone which is based on A4 only, iPhone 3GS as well as 4th Generation iPod Touch.
-This jailbreak is tethered; iOS 6 untethered jailbreak is not available yet.
-It is not available to ipad2, ipad3 and 5th gen ipod touch, iphone 5 and iphone 4s.
Step-by step instructions on how to jailbreak iOS 6:
- Download iOS 6 and follow instructions here on this link to get the latest version.
- Download the new version of Redsnow for your operating system, windows/mac on iphone dev team.
- Once the download is complete, extract the contents of the file and save it on your pc.
- Run Redsnow file and choose administrator mode for Windows. Suppose you are using OS X Mountain Lion then run Redsnow by clicking Ctrl on icon and choose open from the menu.
- On the menu, choose extras and click on IPSW file.
- Follow the instructions onscreen and supply DF if asked by Redsnow to begin the jailbreak. Since Redsnow has made several advancements you can easily follow through the jailbreak processes.
Here’s how you boot iOS6 on tethered mode:
Since this jailbreak is tethered, you must boot into tethered method once in a while, when you reboot device. How? Choose extras on Redsnow and then, click boot command. Follow the given instructions then you will automatically direct into tethered boot.
Step-by-step instructions to install iOS 6 on Cydia:
This new version of Redsnow requires you to download Cydia because it does not install by default. Here’s how:
Installing Cydia on Mac is done through Terminal. However, you can also use the commands if you have Windows, of course with the aid of WinSCP.
-First, write your device’s IP address.
-Connect your device on your pc or mac then, star Terminal on Mac by typing: ssh root@<IP address of your device here>
A password will be asked, enter words: alpine
Then, supply these texts:
wget –q –O /tmp/cyinstall.sh http://downloads.kr1sis.net/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755 /tmp/cysinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
Next, your device will be rebooted and Cydia icon appears on your home screen. Yes, you have properly jailbreak it.
This little game with Apple and jailbreakers will continue. Apples make a new version and jailbreakers will find ways to get it to be able to use iOS devices. It is interesting to know how developers get updates for tweaks and discover what packages will go well with Apple’s new iOS.